Ten Facts Challenge
Tagged by @starlitesymphony
Rules: Write ten facts about yourself and then tag ten followers you want to get to know better.
1. I live in a town that was in the 1990’s twice
voted most boring town in Europe.
2. When I was a kid I got into trouble at school
for telling a teacher to shut their gob. I was being told off for something I
hadn’t done (but my friend had) and just got mad about it I guess.
3. Also when I was a kid I was very into cryptids
and the paranormal – ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, spontaneous combustion. I also
got into trouble a lot for upsetting other children by talking about all that.
4. After one incident, I was asked to stand in
front of the other children and tell them these things didn’t exist. Instead I
got out a magazine to show them pictures.
5. I grew up here, but my mother is from Dublin and
I have a lot of aunts and cousins. Some of them still send me birthday cards
with money in them.
6. My father is from Glasgow, but his family moved
there from Ireland as well. He’s convinced that when he was young there was a
dispute over a will and we were supposed to have inherited a stable there.
7. I’ve done a lot of A-Levels (some online);
Ancient History, Psychology, Physics, Philosophy, Sociology, and Literature.
8. I saw The Terminator for the first time when I
was small after my aunt lent me a recording of Alice in Wonderland to watch.
She had taped it over recordings of several Arnie movies presumably by my cousin
(I think she had a thing for the Arnold).
9. Phoebe Cates in Gremlins was my first crush. I would have listened to her list reasons for
hating Christmas all day.
10. Okay, instead of books or TV, I’ll list some YouTube
channels I like: Tom Scott, Ashens, hbomberguy, Jenny Nicholson, RedLetterMedia,
Objectivity, Jay Foreman, History Buffs, standupmaths, and Many a True Nerd.
I completely lack the confidence to tag anybody, but I encourage anyone who happens to see this to give it a go if you haven’t done so already.