Character Questions – Family & Childhood
Characters from my WIP answering some questions:
1. Where did you grow up?
It’s an old mining town that was built around a steel mill. The mines dried up
and now it’s mostly technology companies. There are a few guides available in
my store – you’ll want to read about the Pretty Intellectuals Coven that
everyone in town feared a couple hundred years ago. And it’s all for sale.
2. How would you describe your family?
Sayuri: Ohh… you
poor little thing…
Tenley: Hug me
and you’ll join them.
3. Did you have a happy childhood?
that time you tried to make some angel wings and your dad had to get you down
from the roof before you could test them?
would have worked.
4. Would you call your upbringing ‘conventional’?
used to tie bricks to my feet and make me run obstacle courses. That was weird.
Kaya: Your mom
Tenley: Shut up!
You don’t get to talk about my mom!
5. Are your parents alive? What kind of relationship do you have with
Jennifer: I don’t
know if they’re alive… but, probably not.
Sayuri: We argue
sometimes, but we get along.
Kaya: I wish my
dad was dead. He’s a jerk.
Sayuri: You don’t
6. If you have siblings, are you close? If you’re an only child, how do
you think that has affected you?
Kaya: No, I think
we all grew up on our own.
we have each other.
Tenley: I’m going
to throw up.
7. If you don’t already, would you like children of your own some day?
Tenley: No way.
Have you spoken to children? They’re idiots. They don’t know anything about
anything and they laugh at dumb stuff like farts and poop.
Kaya: To be fair,
those things are really funny.
8. Of all your memories, which stands out most clearly?
Tenley: The night
my mother was murdered…
Jennifer: When my
parents didn’t come home…
Kaya: Dolphins chasing
me by using puddles as portals. Drugs, kids – I recommend them.
9. As a child, what were you most likely to be found doing?
reading, exploring, building a space capsule.
guitar or following Jennifer.
10. When you were young, what did you dream your future would look
suppose I wanted to explore and have adventures…
Sayuri: I wanted
to be CEO of a company and have a huge desk and one of those buzzy things that
lets me order people around. I still want that.
11. What kind of education did you receive?
done several degrees online, including one in thaumaturgy.
Kaya: Now me, I
went to the College of Life. I graduated The School of Hard Knocks and mastered
in petty thievery. Unlike my dad though, I flunked the courses in blaming students
and minorities for all your problems.
12. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Kaya: Rock star.
Tenley: I don’t care.
Whatever I do I’ll be perfect at it, so…